DMX Output / DMX Pixelmapping

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Arvol
Might as well join the team

DMX Output / DMX Pixelmapping

Post by Arvol »

I've seen a few threads on here, most over a year old.
As a very green user to Resolume (under a month), Is there anyway to output a layer, or even a part of the master (slice?) to DMX or Artnet?

I have a wall of Cuepix panels I would like to convert into a lowres video wall.
My Hippo's have this built in, was hoping Resolume did as well. If not, is this something confirmed for v5, and if so, when does v5 drop?

OR, is there any other software, or external hardware you could recommend to use as a bridge (pc video out>pixelmaping hardware>output one to video wall>output 2 to cuepix)for this application?

Thanks for any help someone could toss my way.

ReggieUnderground
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: DMX Output / DMX Pixelmapping

Post by ReggieUnderground »

DMX Output (Pixel Mapping) is not currently supported in Resolume 4. There are a few hints in the forums that this could be a feature for Resolume 5, but no official announcements from the developers.

There is no set date for Resolume 5 (this gets asked about every week here). Don't plan anything with unconfirmed features for unannounced software.

On the Mac side you can do Arena>Syphon>Madmapper>DMX. I'm sure there is a similar PC workflow with Spout.