Videocard for Big Screens?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
-kmark_

Post by -kmark_ »

Hi there,
I'm totally new to the practice of VJing but am fairly DV/Firewire/PC?Mac Literate...I've got a dell laptop and a mac G4 but would like to hook up visuals on a fairly large [screen] scale. I got my hands on what I think is a pretty cool mpeg card which nobody seems to know anything about...its a Optibase Videoplex Plus full length PCI card with only windows 98 drivers. Could anyone tell me could I use this as an "engine" for processing live Vmixes and sending signals [crisply] in a large venue/stage etc.? Also will Resolume do the business in mixing avis &Flash movies/video&animation on a basic Laptop or what do I need to guarantee 100% uptime. I'm not so interested in live camera feeds & would prefer to work from disk with collected imagery. Apologies for the long post & thanks in advance for any advice.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Resolume runs fine on any fairly new laptop ... actualy most vj's run resolume on (Dell of Sony) laptops. We have heard of people going 6 hour sets without any crashes ... 1.0 version is very very stable! note that 1.1 is still beta and can be buggy ...

resolume does not work with your mpeg hardware ... use a dual monitor setup to have the interface visible and the output fullscreen through the second output.