Screens VS Slices mapping help ASAP

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
stagehand632
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Screens VS Slices mapping help ASAP

Post by stagehand632 »

So I have a video mapping project of my companies building for its grand opening. It is and easy shape, it basically is 100'H x 23' W rectangle building. I am edge blending 3 barco 12k projectors across the front for it and I'm doing the blending in the projectors. I am using a matrox triplehead2Go for my 3 outputs. Running at 1280x720, for a project resolution of 3840x720 equaling 3130x720 with two 355 pixel overlaps.

The question I have is, do I set each projector for the blend as a screen each? or make that one big screen and break it up with slices? Or am i gong about this all wrong?

Also ran into a weird problem. I am using masks over the windows and one of my blending points happens to be covered by the mask. So this is causing one side of the mask to be semitransparent. Im guessing because of the blend. Anyone run into this?
IATSE Stagehand Local 632
Barco Certified Multi Screen operation
Analog Way LiveCore Certified Expert Operator
Analog Way LivePremier Certified Expert Operator

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Screens VS Slices mapping help ASAP

Post by Zoltán »

stagehand632 wrote: The question I have is, do I set each projector for the blend as a screen each? or make that one big screen and break it up with slices? Or am i gong about this all wrong?
The triplehead will show up for you as one big Screen, so you should place your output Slices, one on the left, one in the middle and one on the right.(assuming you set the thriplehead to horizontal)
The input slices should overlap the 355pxs where you will be able to do the blend.
Also ran into a weird problem. I am using masks over the windows and one of my blending points happens to be covered by the mask. So this is causing one side of the mask to be semitransparent. Im guessing because of the blend. Anyone run into this?
place another mask in Output section above the other slice's same area that makes the blend there, that should solve this.

edit: btw, here is a short tutorial with a triplehead example : http://resolume.com/software/tutorials#72656604
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

stagehand632
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Screens VS Slices mapping help ASAP

Post by stagehand632 »

Thanks, I think my brain was to lost in my own head that day. I had my show set exactly as you said already with the triplehead. However I was a having that masking problem and your solution did not work. I ended up just customizing my content so there was no video there.

It ended up being a quick and dirty setup as they only gave me 30 min to blend 3 projectors and match my content. But I think it came out pretty good. Even the content I only had a week and reel is just a bunch of clips cut together that tie in with AV. My boss just wanted this running with no music as a loop as people came in for our opening for our new building.

Here is the video. I added audio to this video to make it more interesting
phpBB [video]
IATSE Stagehand Local 632
Barco Certified Multi Screen operation
Analog Way LiveCore Certified Expert Operator
Analog Way LivePremier Certified Expert Operator