Video image preview

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Video image preview

Post by Oaktown »

The quickest way to preview the original media would be to use a layer router to apply the effect on medias. That way you can always preview both the original and updated clip.

Another way would be to double click on the file in list located in the lower right menu which lets you preview media that's not loaded in a deck already.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

I think the OP is asking if there's a way of better making the thumbnail image of their clips better resemble what will happen when they click on them. I've often wondered the same, for example not all my "solid colours" are red! Would be great if the thumbnail updated to reflect what you have set up in a clip.

DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by DHoude »

Yup, same here. I have a full deck of sources with different effect (Doc Optic Resgen set) with no video. So they just show the Line or Gradient thumbnail that they started as. Confusing to see an entire deck full of mostly the same picture. Seeing a quick shot of each would help me decide the best thing to play, faster.
Screenshot 2016-01-18 21.35.53.png
I was actually going to write a post about this tonight.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

This is one of those requests that has been around for a while. We actually did some work on it during the beta phase of Res 4, all the way back in 2011.

It's relatively easy to add a button to take the current clip output as thumbnail during the current session.

The problem has always been that it's kind of tricky to keep track of the custom thumbnails on repeated use. We can't be responsible for your computer slowly filling up and starting choking on an overgrowth of preview files.

We still have some ideas we'd like to try to make this system foolproof. Unfortunately those are not going to happen during the 5.x release cycle.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

Im looking forward to this :)