2 hour loop. With audio?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
funkyant
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: 2 hour loop. With audio?

Post by funkyant »

Sorry, should clarify the question.

What's the best way to do this using Resolume?

I'm aware of the endless combination of other ways to do it. But there are other features of resolume I'd Luke to use - not the least of which is mapping.

AdevProjects
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by AdevProjects »

I would save your loop as DXV3 Normal with no alpha and audio enabled. It will probably be about a ~70GB file. Then load into resolume as normal and make sure playback is set to timeline mode and not bpm sync.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The thing about codecs is that there is no 'best' codec. Each codec is designed with a specific goal in mind.

DXV3 is best (by far), if you want to layer a lot of clips on top of each other, play them backwards or faster or upside down or what have you.

But if all you want to do is play a single 2 hour clip, from start to finish, by itself, at normal speed, h264 is fine. Resolume can play back a single h264 clip as stable and reliable as any other player. It's just when you start layering them up, shuttling them, or dropping 200 of them into a deck, that things can get nasty.

You just got to make sure that you compress your audio correctly. Linear PCM, 44.1 KhZ audio is recommended. Most video encoders will default to AAC audio when using a h264 preset. When using heavily compressed audio, Resolume will get confused over the sample rate, and you'll lose sync over time.

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

If you have a capture device. I would suggest getting a second laptop w/playback Pro and capture it into Resolume.
There are other players besides playbackPro as well.

benneill
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by benneill »

I want to do the exact same thing as funkyant; I have captured a video mix from Resolume using a capture device and a second computer. Now I want to put that movie back into Resolume to loop for an installation so that I can use the mapping capabilities of Arena. It's one movie with no effects, about 20 minutes long. What is the best procedure for this? I've tried a few codecs including DVX3 and Photo JPEG and there is a loss of clarity compared to playing the movie back in Quicktime. Is this normal? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.