multiple laptops / multiple outputs

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
R|C_

Post by R|C_ »

hi, i wanted to experiment with a multiple screen instalation, for this i need multiple outputs. curently resolume offers no multiple output support... but i want a solution and i cant wait for the next ver of resolume

well, what i had in mind was the following.. since i have been using my resolume along with a dvd and vcd player and a video mixer i thought that if i get another dvd or vcd player and buy a couple of more mixers i could achieve a 4 screen instalation with a mixer for each and content for each, and the ability to put all of the screens with the same output....

the idea is as follows, i have at least 4 content sources (laptops, dvd, vcd). then use a four mixers with four input and one output... those outputs to my screens.

the questions are:
how do i make an output turn to four identical outputs without loosing quality. (from laptop to 4 mixers)

is there a simpler and cheaper way to get the results i want? is there a mixer that can do all this? like four input and four independent outputs

please help......!!!

ether_

Post by ether_ »

you need a video distributer/amplifier
- it takes a video signal and splits it into 8 outputs (or similar amount), usually has a video amplifier in it to keep the output quality good
you should be able to rent one from any good AV company for not much