outlines mystery triangles

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
green pattern
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

outlines mystery triangles

Post by green pattern »

Hello, quite new here.

Can someone shine some line on how to do the outlines of slices in resolume, I tried different techniques nothing fits.
First I tried doing solid color with keystone or keystone mask effect to get an outline, then I used radar to trace it.
that almost works but when it goes through edges it speeds up so not so cool.

Second attempt I do 3d strokes in after effects and do a clip where the outline is traced, so that works alright.
only problem is if my slices are triangles or more complex its doesn't work properly since out of 4 point square slice i try to make a triangle where one point is in the middle of on of sides of triangle. so when you play a normal clip in triangle looks pretty symmetric even if squashed on one corner, since input layer is always square.

Its fairly basic effect that all pro mappers use, why is it so hard to achieve?
I guess I could try after effect to make a triangle instead of a square to use that input to output on my 4 point triangle if you are still following. But this is just so messy. anyone got simple solution?

thx, if I may offer suggestion you are not going to like about future of resolume. Why not make an affordable software??? unless your vjing for concert of Madonna how can you justify such investment??
Don't get me wrong your software is brilliant, marketing just not realist.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: outlines mystery triangles

Post by DayVeeJay »

Why dont you create a square, triangle and circle trace in AE? You can remap them in resolume as needed

If you consider how powerful this software is, then you may realize it's much more affordable than other solutions. There are plenty of free VJ and video mapping apps out there that may work for you.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: outlines mystery triangles

Post by Oaktown »

green pattern wrote:Its fairly basic effect that all pro mappers use, why is it so hard to achieve?
Because it was easy, everyone would be doing it ;)
green pattern wrote:thx, if I may offer suggestion you are not going to like about future of resolume. Why not make an affordable software??? unless your vjing for concert of Madonna how can you justify such investment??
Don't get me wrong your software is brilliant, marketing just not realist.
Resolume is actually quite affordable considering everything you can do with it. Don't forget that a lot of media server systems with comparable features can easily cost 2 to 10 times as much to deploy.