Resolume 1.1 beta 2 is out!

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
bart&edwin_

Post by bart&edwin_ »

We finished a new release of resolume 1.1 and we call it resolume 1.1 beta 2.
It is still in beta fase because we added some extra features wich should be tested before going to a final release.
beta 2 is much faster and more stable and has some nice new effects like rotate and wave.
But the nicest part is that resolume kan record and sample the output you create...
so we hope you all enjoy this new version.. have fun.. and let us know when something goes wrong...

Cheers

kaypohl_

Post by kaypohl_ »

yeah - i really felt the speed boost :) ... i´m quite lucky with the new beta. i haven´t tested it completely but it seems to be stable ;)

good job folks :O)

Stilice_

Post by Stilice_ »

Hi - the stability has really improved but there are a little crashes when having a dv camcorder in deck, sometimes you can't apply clips to a layer above or it doesn't work completely.

Never the less the recording function really kicks ass.

I have one question. In 1.0 i can remember one could minimize resolume to the taskbar and the output window still stood open, so that the beamer allways gave a picture and one could work in the background for creating Flashmovies in time or having a Photoshopaction. Why does'nt it work in the 1.1 betas?
Is it because of XP? (i worked with win98 that time)

guy's, resolume rockz ;]

name_

Post by name_ »

Hi,

I beta tested the new beta over the weekend and was happy to see that its indeed MUCH faster than any version before ...and the framerate doesnt drop rapidly like before when working with more layers or FX...
I hope this is still true on the sec. monitor .
I still have to test out the MIDI functions and the new flash features. This weekend I bb be able to test it in a live gig ...and I will report how it performed.
Until this version I have not really attemped to use Resolume live becouse as much I liked this tool , the framerates were way to low for my purposes and compared to the other tools I use (VJO and SVD1).
But I hope now I can...lets see..
Keep on the good work

Andy Psynergy
RETINA FUNK

daniel_

Post by daniel_ »

It´s kicking... Carl Lewis slow comparing this
the new random is just like I need and record -
guys you are the best. So´I just have to test the
midi and than let´s get ready to rumble.
the absolutly top woud be a sound in

Craig_

Post by Craig_ »

Used the new beta 2 on a celeron 500 laptop with a lowly 4Mb video ram - and it worked without a single crash after four hours continuous use at an arts party. I used cinepaked 320x240 avi's at 12.5 FPS. This made the load a little easier on the celery cpu. Could layer in live camera input with effects and no problems. The output struggled a little with three layers and effects but hell, it was completely usebale with only minor drawbacks. I'm impressed. Looks like my old lappy will be staying with me for a while yet. Well done Bart & co.

lucid visuals_

Post by lucid visuals_ »

I used the beta with one crash over the period of about 8 hours. I love the speed increase, but the output was having problems on my ati 7500 chip unless I used the slower syle output by putting the image at 320x240 scaled not just full screen. By the way, how do you set up varables in flash movies? I really want to try this out.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

did you open the flash samples wich are in the flashtext direcory?
It shows an example of how to work with variables in flash..

bl0m5t3r_

Post by bl0m5t3r_ »

I just tested beta 2, and i must say it a lot more stable then beta 1, but no 1.0 yet. I'll have to test it for a longer period to see if i'll be using it at "Sound and Vision". First of all i want to compliment you with this gr8 program and the progress you made in functionality since 1.0 but there are still some loose ends in 1.1beta 2. let me hit it off with my system specs so you got all the info straight:

Dual P3-733
756 mb ram
geforce4 (msi)
winXP

The first problem i run into (and beta1 has the same) is the fact that the "threshold" effect turns the movies purple & blue instead of black and white(v1.0, and what you would expect) kinda odd and for sure annoying since it renders the effect almost useless.

the next problem i ran into was when i use a push effect (right etc...) on a channel it chokes the program alot when i pull on the slider, but when i use it as a general effect it works very smooth.

Third the preview window when selecting files doesn't work right, sometime it won't display the movie/pictre at all or even show the output on it?. if it does work (most of the time) it doesn't playback the file at the frame rate it should(for me normally 25fps). it slows down the whole program, also the output window. it used to work right in v1.0 and v1.1beta1.

last but not least is Flash. i'm using more and more flash movies as overlays cauze it's a style i like, but after using some effects on various flash movies they stop working (the effects). it happens every time. i don't really have much comparison towards v1.0 and v1.1beta1 cauze i only recently started using flash movies in my sets.

I still have to test the record option so i can't say much about that but will post more when i have.

Also i would like to take this oppertunity to request some features. this would be sliders on the adjust red/green/blue effects, kinda like saturation, from grayscale to that color. This would give you a much wider range in coloring the output or a particular clip. An effect like "filmstrip" would be nice, this would be the push effect which would automaticly keeps pushing. (right now i'm dragging the slider, turn off effect, drag back, turn on and drag again, as you can imagine this doesn't give the nicest result) a slider on this effect with which you can adjust the speed would be gr8.

Well that's it. Thanx for reading this long piece of text. i hope it helps you develop resolume and once again thanx for this gr8 program.

ps. if anyone had the same problems as me and fixed them one way or another, please let me and the rest of the world know. thanx

/BL0M5T3R

alffx_

Post by alffx_ »

there's also a little problem with the scrolarrows.
if you want to use the arrow to scroll through your
files ( so not the slider) the output freezes.
I know i can use my scrollwheel but sometimes i want to use the arrows to go up or down
And does somebody has the same that when i start
everything goes smooth but after a few hours the clips
go slower and slower even when set to 100
i have 512mb memory, what could it be?
caching?
alf