Great animation/video software-tool for creation

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Nicroco13
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Great animation/video software-tool for creation

Post by Nicroco13 »

Hi ! I'm looking to work with a software to create new animation/video (loops or other original visual) prior to put them on Resolume. Adobe After Effects seems interesting and powerful. Any comment on this software or other suggestions for a beginner ?

Thanks

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Great animation/video software-tool for creation

Post by Oaktown »

You really can't go wrong learning Adobe After Affects. On a Mac, you could use Motion 5 but AE is much more powerful and works on both platforms which is great since Resolume does as well!

The learning curve may be a bit steep if you have no experience but there are a lot of great online tutorials so you'll be proficient before you know it.

Nicroco13
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Nicroco13 »

Thanks Oaktown. I'll start to investigate and learn that new powerful toy !

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

AE is not only powerful but it's the industry reference when it comes to this kind of work. A great place to find tutorials to learn the basics is on the Adobe website. Lynda.com has a lot of good tutorials on AE but you'll also find a lot of free ones out there.

Also as a head's up, you'll find some good plugins out there to use AE live previews via Syphon, Spout and NDI so that you don't have to render your comps. Keep in mind that you can use AE live preview and Resolume on the same computer but you'll need a good amount of RAM to pull it off in a live environment (my main server has 48GB of RAM and 32GB dedicated to AE).

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

AE is great! look into red giant's trapcode suite as well.

Cinema 4D with Octane Render and Particle Storm FX is also really neat to play with.

And thanks Oaktown for the syphon tip with AE, Didn't know that was a thing. I'll need to play with that sometime :)