"Shatter" effect clips for "Mask Overlay Technique"

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

"Shatter" effect clips for "Mask Overlay Technique"

Post by DHoude »

So I had to kill some time this week. I have always wanted to do more with the Mask Overlay Technique. So I made these in Adobe After Effects to start exploring that. You can find Doc Optic's tutorial on how to set up the "Mask Overlay Technique" on his website. Or the original creator Subpixel and post here on the Resolume forum viewtopic.php?t=11766

I made 4 types of shatter particles. Brick, Puzzle pieces, Glass and Stars. Each has a White shatter to Black background and Black shatter to White background. 8 video clips in one small zip file. There is nothing super original here. Just the right settings with different fragments. Straight out of the After Effects, video effects. All 3 seconds long and encoded in DXV 3.

The White to Black was meant for a quick down and dirty structure Shatter effect. To make a structure that you don't have a picture of look like it is collapsing. The starting White frame will make your video projector light up your structure, as it shatters it goes Black. So your structure will go dark. I get that technique is not ideal, but if you have to rig something up quick that you are not prepped for then this may be of use to you.

The Black shatter to White clips are really meant for the Mask Overlay Technique. The way things laid out for me Black shatter to White would shatter the top video to reveal the bottom video. Which made more sense to me.

Make sure you kill the audio channel or at least change the clip to "timeline" playback in Resolume. I also recommend the below playback setting so that the clip shatters once and stops on the last frame. Which will keep showing the revealed video below. Click the clip again and it will replay from 1st frame.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (17.68 KiB) Viewed 7330 times
Enjoy! https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtezx4kyz3jki ... 3.zip?dl=0

PS, I have now added some "Assemble" clips for Puzzle and Glass. They play in reverse (I know you can do that in Resolume) but the pieces fly in from the top of the frame. I really kind of like them! Feel free to delete the old ones and replace with this collection. I remade the shatter Puzzle and Glass clips have a more random direction.

DHoude

Re: "Shatter" effect clips for "Mask Overlay Technique"

Post by DHoude »

To all who downloaded, I removed the old link and updated the entire collection. Please re download for the improvements and additions.

The new link and notes are added to my first post.

Merry Christmas!

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

lol, 63 visits and no comments. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I am still learning and playing with these files, and totally open to ideas or suggestions.

NLS6XX
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by NLS6XX »

Thanks man! I'm sure it will come in handy someday!

laser
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by laser »

Nice work.. Just what I need today.. Thanks

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Thank you guys! Haven't been on here in a bit. Glad to see some are finding it useful!