move projects and data to new pc

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
babipsylon
Is taking Resolume on a second date

move projects and data to new pc

Post by babipsylon »

hi

I need to move both my project and data to a new pc. Actually, all my video files are now under a different drive letter and subfolders dirs than they will be in the new computer. Is there a way to move everything, and just batch replace the old dir, for example disk1/dir1/dir2 with the new dirL e.g. newdrive1/newdir1/newdir2 for all links in my project? Or can resolume gather all data, put it in a folder, so I can just move this folder?

thx

babi

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: move projects and data to new pc

Post by Zoltán »

Resolume has a reconnect feature for missing clips.
if you have all your clips per composition in the same directory, the reconnect is a fairly simple process, if not, you'd have to do the reconnect for each folder.

Have a look at this program, it has a composition collector function, that copies the composition file, media and optionally the effects, and tries the screensetup file if it's the same name as your composition.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11392

The resolume setup files are located in your Documents directory, you can just copy them, the screen setup files are in there too.

edit: btw, if you can keep the directory structure and drive letter of the clips then you just have to move them.
Also there is a directory/file linking extension for Windows that can make a junction on the new filesystem(old path) to the new location, which I use frequently.
Creating symlinks could also work, haven't tried them.
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

babipsylon
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: move projects and data to new pc

Post by babipsylon »

Thanks a lot for your elaborate reply! I'm now running viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11392 to collect all my clips. Hopefully the reconnecting will be smooth when I point to this one folder. Thumps up!