Calling all IR OSCSA Experts

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
aku
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Calling all IR OSCSA Experts

Post by aku »

Just made an account here to mainly learn everything about IR OSCSA since there's not enough info online about this amazing plug in and I want to gather this info for others.

I'm trying to learn every subtype of command string that ir osc will read. So far I'm limited to:
-/composition/video/effects..
-/composition/link#... (lots of possibilities using dashboard link but still limited)
-/layer#/video/effects...
-/layer#/clip#/effects...

-Questions I have:
1. What other commands are available for the first command? (Comp/Layer/???)
2. Second Command? (video/link/audio?)
3. Is it possible to choose a layer (/layer1/) and command it to trigger clips/columns in sync? for example clips 1-4 in layer 1 would trigger every step in IR OSC 4 and loop. Specifically started this topic to figure this one out...

MAIN CONCERN:
I actually found a video showing someone mapping IR OSC and when they when into midi map mode and clicked any parameter, an OSC command line in the bottom left of Resolume. HOWEVER I do not have this feature for some reason BUT if anyone could figure out how to display this info.. I'll go ahead and make a topic with EVERY COMMAND possible in resolume with ir osc for reference here.
Here's the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbghBPQGmrY&t=5s) at time mark 11:20 is when the command for OSC functions is displayed.

Thanks in advance for anyone who has advice

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Calling all IR OSCSA Experts

Post by Oaktown »

Your best bet is to contact the folks at Visution.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

1. What other commands are available for the first command? (Comp/Layer/???)
Each and every item in the Resolume interface can be controlled via OSC. You can find all the addresses by going into OSC Mapping Mode. Also, I recommend to read the OSC chapter in the manual: https://resolume.com/manual/en/r5/contr ... ontrol_osc

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I'll go ahead and make a topic with EVERY COMMAND possible in resolume with ir osc for reference here.
Cool beans. I'll just go and free some extra space on the server for you.