Bypass All Composition Effects?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
sonnenhof2
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Bypass All Composition Effects?

Post by sonnenhof2 »

Hey, so I'm doing an interactive project using a Novation Launchpad S as a midi controller to apply affects and switch clips in the Resolume Avenue 3 project.
Want I want to be able to do is have a button on the launchpad that bypasses all the effect layers (they're all video effects in the composition effects layer and pressing a pad on the launchpad causes the layer bypass to turn off so that it shows over the video)
I want to basically create a reset button which bypasses all the effects in the composition so it leaves you with just the video that's playing. Does anyone know how to do that? I'm pretty new to Resolume so hopefully someone can help out!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Bypass All Composition Effects?

Post by Zoltán »

how about mapping all the effect bypass buttons to the same midi note?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

4eyes
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by 4eyes »

Instead of putting the effects on the composition, use an effect clip (with all the effects applied to it) on a dedicated layer at the very top of your comp faded up to 100%. Trigger that clip on/off to enable/bypass all effects.

Bonus in that you can have different sets of effects mapped to the same buttons using this technique. DocOptic has a good tutorial somewhere that uses a similar technique.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

Put all of your effects midi mappings on Composition Midi mapping and then the reset on Application Midi Mapping. This lets you have multiple keys assigned to the same parameter