video record speed

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
stark_

Post by stark_ »

hey, i wanted to make a little vcd demo and i tryed using the new record funktion.... it is great for sampling but i wanted to know if i could use it to record what is really hapening on my resolume screen...

it seems to have a speed problem... i recorded a 7 minute extract that came out to be 1 minute in the actual recorded file.... is there a solution to this????

and second.. the avi files resolume generates are way too big.. is there a way for them to be enconded and compresed into something more real to work with...... (well i wouldn really have a problem with size if it had the right time and frame speed.. cuz i can compress it once i have a cool file)

it looks like its being fast fowarded.. well please help

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

We are working on this speed problem.
So in the final release of 1.1 it has to be fixed. The size is so big because the file isn't compressed, if we would compress it the process woul be to slow and everything will be slowed down way too much....
if you want to reuse the files that resolume generates you should first compress them for optimal performance...

ether_

Post by ether_ »

Hi ed and bart

- cant remember if i've already requested this, but here it is...
with the record function - could you include a function to choose the output folder for the record file?
i have res on my C: drive, but use E: and F: for capture/editing files - and C: does not have much space, so i cant record much, and i dont really want to install it on a different drive

thanks again

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

yes we allready have implemented this so watch out for 1.1 final ;-)