Alpha Key Out Over SDI?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
-TRFN-
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Alpha Key Out Over SDI?

Post by -TRFN- »

Is it possible to use Arena to send a separate alpha key out over SDI? I saw another thread asking about taking alpha key in over SDI from ProPresenter, but was hoping to be able to layer things over IMAG without latency.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Alpha Key Out Over SDI?

Post by Empyfree »

Yep. In advanced output create two slices from the same area. Assign one to each of two sdi outputs. On one tick the "is key" option and voila.

-TRFN-
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by -TRFN- »

Empyfree wrote:Yep. In advanced output create two slices from the same area. Assign one to each of two sdi outputs. On one tick the "is key" option and voila.
Thank you so much! Do you know if this has support for hardware such as the blackmagic ultrastudios? In ProPresenter we can use the "A" SDI output as Fill and "B" SDI as Key on the ultrastudio units.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

I don't have access to an Ultrastudio device to test with I'm afraid. I use th Decklink duo card.

Isse
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Isse »

-TRFN- wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 21:29
Empyfree wrote:Yep. In advanced output create two slices from the same area. Assign one to each of two sdi outputs. On one tick the "is key" option and voila.
Thank you so much! Do you know if this has support for hardware such as the blackmagic ultrastudios? In ProPresenter we can use the "A" SDI output as Fill and "B" SDI as Key on the ultrastudio units.
This would work but you can not select the output data for each SDI post as the US4K device is seen as one deck, not one deck with 2 outputs. I wrote about it here, to give an explanation of the situation.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17773