Resolume 6 w/Novation LaunchControl XL

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
vmhstech
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume 6 w/Novation LaunchControl XL

Post by vmhstech »

Is anyone having success using the Novation Launch Control XL with Arena 6. It is not appearing in Shortcuts and when I create a new device, it is not recognizing the movement or press of the controls on the LaunchControl. In the midi section of the Preferences it is not appearing either. I have also updated the firmware of the LaunchControl to the latest firmware. Any information would be helpful.
Michael Ruiz :D

strangehead
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Resolume 6 w/Novation LaunchControl XL

Post by strangehead »

I have 2 of these controllers. both work in res6 (and yeah! i can use it together)

I am on Win10
Check out the Device Manager in Win10. Can you see the Launch Control XL?
If yes, start the "Launch Control XL Editor" an check out the channels in your preset.
If all is ok, be sure that you have your preset "save" to the controller.

If all these steps are checked, you should see the device in the preferences of resolume and you can test the channels and values pushing the collapse button on the right corner.

Good luck

vmhstech

Post by vmhstech »

Thank you Strangehead. It was actually as simple as quitting and reloading. I work on a Mac. I must have plugged in the controller after I loaded the application.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

vmhstech wrote:I must have plugged in the controller after I loaded the application.
There is a refresh button in Preferences-Midi, that should refresh the device list without needing to restart resolume.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

vmhstech

Post by vmhstech »

Yes.... I thought that should do the trick as well but it did not. Now I have no idea what the problem was. Not sure what I did different when I restarted. Or not sure if it was a bug because I have not been able to duplicate the issue.