Multiple Blend modes per layer removed in Res 6.. Why???

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
gnetic
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Multiple Blend modes per layer removed in Res 6.. Why???

Post by gnetic »

So maybe I overlooked something here?
Previous versions of Resolume all had 3 blend modes per layer by default that you can change to any mode you wanted as usual.
The great thing about this is that you could midi assign all 3 modes to be triggered for blend switching on the fly depending on how you midi assigned your controller.
So in 6 you can still midi assign the single blend mode given, but now you have to scroll or midi step to the next blend effect which could be more than half way down the list, Add, Multiply, Diffrence, Luma Key, ect ect.
This is the problem!, when you only have less than a second to trigger your blend mode during a show you don't have time to scroll or midi step through a list of 20+ blend modes.
This is why it was so great to have the 3 blend modes per layer so you can instantly midi trigger between the 3 styles of Blend modes that that you selected and midi assigned per layer.

So as I said previously is there a way to enable the 3 blend modes per layer as in previous versions of Resolume?
Did I miss something that I can enable in settings to bring back the 3 blend modes per layer?
Or does someone have a solution to this that I overlooked in the new version Resolume 6.

gnetic

Re: Multiple Blend modes per layer removed in Res 6.. Why???

Post by gnetic »

Disregard.
Solution found.

For those of you who might have this same issue.
This will help.

https://resolume.com/support/en/keyboar ... -shortcuts

p8guitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by p8guitar »

Yes, you can assign shortcuts for each Layer Blend Mode that you like. But I still don't understand why the three buttons had been removed that could hold my favourite blend modes. Sometimes you just use a mouse, and then it would be quite convenient to have these buttons back.
Arena 7.2.1; Ableton Live 10.1.18 controlling Arena with OSC; Schenker W507 mobile Workstation: i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 2x m.2 Samsung SSD 960 EVO NVMe, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5.

brennan.steele

Post by brennan.steele »

I agree with p8guitar the 3 blend modes to select and then pick from was a great feature. I hope I can figure out a work around thats as convenient using shortcuts.

davide93
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by davide93 »

I agree the three blend modes were very useful.
I would like to get them back as well. If someone doesn't want them they could be disabled exactly
as it's possible to do with the later transition control or other stuff like that.

Best,

Davide

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Hey guys instead of 3 you now basically have as many as you want. Check out the solution URL.