Black Magic Downstream of Video Switcher

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Wasko
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Black Magic Downstream of Video Switcher

Post by Wasko »

Hey All,

I have done a search and haven't been able to find information on this specific subject.

I am wondering if anyone has had experience using a Black Magic Intensity Shuttle downstream of a video switcher to get video signal into Resolume.

The context: I am working at a corporate event next week. The company I'm working with wants to have both a live camera and a powerpoint slideshow (desktop capture from a separate laptop) come into my server through a video switcher to be mapped into the backdrop in Resolume. They would come in through one input and be switched throughout the night.

The resolution / FPS from both sources can be scaled to be the same at the video switcher to come in identically in that regard.

Still, this would not be a matching Resolution/FPS down the whole chain (laptop and camera res will likely be different), which is what I understand BlackMagic to require in Resolume. Has this changed in Res 6, is this sounding like something that will be problematic, has anyone else had experience with this combination of equipment?