arena 6 multi GPU support

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Filipsz
Is taking Resolume on a second date

arena 6 multi GPU support

Post by Filipsz »

Hi, does arena 6 now support more GPU? as it is 64bits, maybe yes? someone knows? I had a bad expierence with using boths in 5 version, maybe the 6 will be working? thx

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: arena 6 multi GPU support

Post by drazkers »

Filipsz wrote:Hi, does arena 6 now support more GPU? as it is 64bits, maybe yes? someone knows? I had a bad expierence with using boths in 5 version, maybe the 6 will be working? thx
Nothing has changed for multi GPU support. They still suggest a single super powerful card compared to having two. But having two of the same model should work but only one card is doing all the processing.

Kaizen
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Kaizen »

I have a Clevo laptop with dual Nvidia 8GB 1070s ... and using 8 layers of 1080p content, I can't get the video GPU usage above 15% on one card, so I don't know what would happen if it maxed out one card...

So far so good with Arena 6 and the epic video cards... glad I switched from Mac even though it took a lot to get a clean and decrapified version of Windows 10 running smoothly.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I have a Clevo laptop with dual Nvidia 8GB 1070s ... and using 8 layers of 1080p content, I can't get the video GPU usage above 15% on one card, so I don't know what would happen if it maxed out one card...
It would take a lot of 1080p content to max out your setup!

Why don't you test with the 4K benchmark comp downloadable in this thread and log your results in this online form?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

My 6GB GTX1060 gets around 22-24 layers of noisy video before it starts to hit around 30fps. Your 8GB GTX1070 should be closer to the 26-28 range. I personally haven't used more than 4-5 clips at once, so I think I'm set for a few years haha. I get about 8-10 on 4k, and my GTX1080 got closer to the 14-16 mark. All of these tests where on laptops keep in mind. Crazy that a mobile machine can push that hard. Exciting times :D

I wouldn't think having a dual card will help with any processing power, as it's just a single card doing the rendering. But you should get more outputs with that second card. I've never played with 2 GPU's so I'm not sure how stable it would be.

Filipsz
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Filipsz »

Well, today tested 2x gtx1080, and one capture card BM 4K. WORKING NO PROB, compo 5120x720, 4 beamers, 1 monitor, 4 outputs on first gtx, 1 output at second gtx, no problem! Surprised, because on Arena 5 didnt work.!