Advanced output to Datapath X4

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Advanced output to Datapath X4

Post by Oaktown »

I figured this video might be a good reference for people that are trying to understand how to position their slices to use a Datapath X4/FX4

phpBB [video]

Digitrevx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Advanced output to Datapath X4

Post by Digitrevx »

Hey Oaktown, I grabbed a Datapath x4 the other day and have been understanding how it works. I'm wondering if you can explain some gaps I'm having. I currently only have a bunch of Displayport to DVI-D cables.

Seems the datapath might not be getting signal with these cables. I also can't get a test pattern out of it to a monitor using these cables. I don't have any other spares to try at the moment.

I did update the drivers and firmware.

Also using Wall designer's input test images / videos after hitting apply settings in the device window you should see the test image / video?

In terms of getting a display out of resolume, you just set the output to NewTek?

Thanks!

Edit seems my dvi-d to DP cables might be directional. hmmm..

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Digitrevx wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 01:38 Hey Oaktown, I grabbed a Datapath x4 the other day and have been understanding how it works. I'm wondering if you can explain some gaps I'm having. I currently only have a bunch of Displayport to DVI-D cables.

Seems the datapath might not be getting signal with these cables. I also can't get a test pattern out of it to a monitor using these cables. I don't have any other spares to try at the moment.

I did update the drivers and firmware.

Also using Wall designer's input test images / videos after hitting apply settings in the device window you should see the test image / video?

In terms of getting a display out of resolume, you just set the output to NewTek?

Thanks!

Edit seems my dvi-d to DP cables might be directional. hmmm..
You need a DP to DVI that does DVI-DL if you wanna send 3840x2160@30. Basic rule of thumb, if there is no usb for power, it aint gonna send full res.

Link for reference.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

Digitrevx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Digitrevx »

I wasn't getting signal because the cable dvi to dp cable was directional meaning meant to go dp to dvi.

Anyways got a 2560x1600 dual link dvi cable at the micro center and works fine. My 1080ti has a dvi out on my vj rig so no need for powered adapters unless 4k @ 60hz is achievable. Also bought a single link dvi to hdmi cable to test with before I buy 3 more. Everything works fine so far.

The micro center doesn't carry any cables that did 4k so I ordered one to see how that goes. But I resolved getting resolume to send a signal and such.

But thanks for the info if one day I need to go DP to the data path and I don't have a Hx4 or Fx4 by then.