DMX Fixture Profile For GMA2 (Arena V6)

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Arvol
Might as well join the team

DMX Fixture Profile For GMA2 (Arena V6)

Post by Arvol »

Hey Guys/Gals,
I had one of my clients spend a week with me setting up a tour to be ran off the GMA2 console.
Typically, I would just patch about 25 Dimmers and do a custom map. This LD had a rather unique style of programming and was having some difficulties getting the Dimmer approach to work.
So, I decided to build a custom Resolume Arena Version 6 Profile for the GMA2.

As you probably know, not everyone has the same mindset and workflow as everyone else. So, this setup is not going to work for everyone. But, I think It will work for many.
IMO, if you're running a video show off a Lighting Desk, you probably don't need all the bells and whistles that a typical VJ would need.
This profile is geared towards more of a Playback type of setup.
The profile is built with 6 content layers (in a group), and 2 layers in a group above the content for strobes and Chases.
If you need much more than this, I think you are at the level in your career to start building your own profiles :)
This is simply a generic playback template that will get LD's up and running in a matter of a few seconds.
Anything beyond that, and well, you might need to invest into a Video Tech ;)

I've had 3 LD's test this profile and feel that it is pretty easy to understand and navigate.
If I left anything crucial out, please let me know and I'll see what I can do about updating it.
What I won't be doing is taking requests for additions.
If you really need something added, I would challenge you to dig into the GMA2 and build your own or modify this fixture and rename it as a different "Mode".
If you want to play around with it and try to figure it out, you can download MAonPC for free here:
http://www.lightpower-files.de/Assets/g ... .3.4.3.exe
And can use this application to build your own fixture profile as well.

Notes on this fixture profile:

You will NEED Resolume Arena Version 6.0.4 or newer, otherwise your Deck Selection will not work.
https://resolume.com/download/

In order for the Chaser layer to work, you will need to download and install the Chaser plugin:
http://chaser.hybridvisuals.nl/
Otherwise that layer will do nothing but play a solid color.
**Chaser is a must have for all my shows, and I challenge you to give it a shot (Shameless Plug Is Over haha)**

I setup 2 FX for the composition. A Hue Rotate so LD's can do quick color changes, and a B&W Toggle (Saturation set to 0)

There are 2 blank "Spacer" channels at the end of the profile to give the fixture profile an even 40 channel number.
Those 2 blank "Spacer" channels are currently mapped to the Compositions Dashboard Knobs 7 & 8. Feel free to move those mapping in Resolume to whatever you like to give yourself 2 more channels if needed.

You'll need to add the Composition, DMX Mapping.xml, and the Advanced Output files into your Resolume 6 Documents folder, then open the Composition, Select the new DMX Mapping in your shortcuts menu, and then select the new Advanced Output mapping file and make changes suited to your application after the import.

I'd love to hear some feedback on this, to take notes for future releases.

Hope this helps a few people out.

~A

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sr2k7dw3kph5 ... 8afYa?dl=0

simo86
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: DMX Fixture Profile For GMA2 (Arena V6)

Post by simo86 »

thank you, very much appreciated!

chenthemagician
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by chenthemagician »

Hey man much respect

the GMA2 fixture profile really helped my friends getting it sorted out for his show, they made changes and tailored it to their show...and worked like a charm...bless up...it was for my bredren who do LDing for Sean Paul, the show @ Universal Mardi Gras i believe last week Saturday...he said to tell you thanks...

Big up
HP Omen
8 GB RAM
i7 7th gen 2.8 GHz
Win 10 Home
Nvidia 1050 GTX

Asus G751J - 860M
i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz
8 GB RAM

Livid OHM RGB Controller

Creating Solutions, Tailored to your needs!

Repping from the 876 - Jamaica "Out of Many, One People"

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Thanks man! Glad it was able to help you guys out.
I'm glad they were able to custom tailor it as well. I tried to build it with well thought out menu's and sub-menu's :)

bmathias23

Post by bmathias23 »

Arvol

I really appreciate the DMX profile here! Like a lot of us, I think its pretty ridiculous they got rid of the auto map feature all together. Heres hoping the bring it back!

I can't find anywhere in Res 6 to edit Artnet settings like in Res5. Does this profile start it in DMX universe 1, Address 1 on the MA2 side of things?

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Yeah, this starts on channel 1. As far as universes and subnets go, you change that in the app's preferences window under DMX. you can use the channel offset to bump things up rather than re-mapping.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I can't find anywhere in Res 6 to edit Artnet settings like in Res5. Does this profile start it in DMX universe 1, Address 1 on the MA2 side of things?
You can adjust the Lumiverse subnet/universe number(s) in the Preference/DMX menu for artnet in And in the advanced output for Artnet out.

Lukikabuki

Post by Lukikabuki »

Thanks a lot! Pretty good work.
Do you know why resolume doesn't update the values?
For Example:

I choose a clip on layer 2. I Store it in a sequence. I activate the sequence. the clip is running. NOW i choose another clip in the same layer with my encoders. Now I clear. From my point of view resolume should jump back at the clip that is running in the sequence, because there are some active output values.

Any Idea?
THX

Discosatan

Post by Discosatan »

Stupid question from a noob maybe, but will this work with Arena 7?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Yes BUT you'll have to create your DMX shortcuts in R7 based on this fixture profile.