Creating a Touch Interface?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Creating a Touch Interface?

Post by Grimm90 »

Thats how i started ,found one called Daniel R6 on this forum , and together with a layout where i knew how i saw my "ideal controller" , i just started tinkering.

It's easy , open the touchosc editor on ur pc , set it to the dimensions of your device , portrait / landscape mode .
Then right click , pop up menu and put push buttons , toggles , faders , XY pads.
Coloring & labels are handy , you can edit these things in the left panel.

Then it's just looking in resolume what the adres is for what u want and copy paste that to the knob/button/fader in touchosc editor.

Open resolume , go to shortcuts , edit osc , everything turns purple.
Click on anything you want to link , and in the "shortcuts panel window" which appeared when you hit edit osc, you'll see an input adress : /composition/layers/1/video/opacity.... something like that.
Copy that , select a fader in touchosceditor , in the left panel , middle part "OSC" , uncheck the 'auto' box and paste this adres there. That's it.
Then you can go deeper with adres + commands , and other magic tricks , there is a nice section about it on the resolume support pages.

xdjxklusivex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by xdjxklusivex »

Grimm90 wrote:Thats how i started ,found one called Daniel R6 on this forum , and together with a layout where i knew how i saw my "ideal controller" , i just started tinkering.

It's easy , open the touchosc editor on ur pc , set it to the dimensions of your device , portrait / landscape mode .
Then right click , pop up menu and put push buttons , toggles , faders , XY pads.
Coloring & labels are handy , you can edit these things in the left panel.

Then it's just looking in resolume what the adres is for what u want and copy paste that to the knob/button/fader in touchosc editor.

Open resolume , go to shortcuts , edit osc , everything turns purple.
Click on anything you want to link , and in the "shortcuts panel window" which appeared when you hit edit osc, you'll see an input adress : /composition/layers/1/video/opacity.... something like that.
Copy that , select a fader in touchosceditor , in the left panel , middle part "OSC" , uncheck the 'auto' box and paste this adres there. That's it.
Then you can go deeper with adres + commands , and other magic tricks , there is a nice section about it on the resolume support pages.

For some reason when changing the address it still wouldnt communicate when I did it. You are working with r6 right? Maybe ill give it another shot

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Grimm90 »

Yup on R6 .

You got your ports all set right ? Outgoing port on resolume pref should be incoming on the osc device and visa versa. If they are both on the same network your resolume machine should be visible in touchosc.

If you're in the reslume osc preferences and you press the little arrow upper right , the panel widens , do you see the osc messages coming in ? If not your problem is in communication between your device and your pc / resolume .
If it does then i guess your adressing in touchosc editor is off ?

Just to make sure you did save your touchosc layout after you added adresses , and synced that with your device , opened the new layout in touchosc ? It doesn't work "live" from editor to tablet, needs the sync

xdjxklusivex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by xdjxklusivex »

Grimm90 wrote:Yup on R6 .

You got your ports all set right ? Outgoing port on resolume pref should be incoming on the osc device and visa versa. If they are both on the same network your resolume machine should be visible in touchosc.

If you're in the reslume osc preferences and you press the little arrow upper right , the panel widens , do you see the osc messages coming in ? If not your problem is in communication between your device and your pc / resolume .
If it does then i guess your adressing in touchosc editor is off ?

Just to make sure you did save your touchosc layout after you added adresses , and synced that with your device , opened the new layout in touchosc ? It doesn't work "live" from editor to tablet, needs the sync
Ill mess with it tonight after work. I have to reinstall everything as I just did a fresh install.

jcmatos
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by jcmatos »

Hey guys! Its been a while.
TouchOSC is pretty neat but its limited to their own interface and has a lot more complex things I dont need (Like intensity faders,dials and knobs).
I stilll haven't found a solution on how to create custom visual interfaces (for example an image/photo of a wall and when you click on different parts of it, a specific projection triggers).
Or being able to create your own buttons with your own on/off / clicked/not clicked images.
Maybe even with video animation triggers?

I'm pretty confident something like this has to exist! But I havent found it :(

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

I will give you a tip to a cheap solution. If you dig it out, match the pieces, I believe you will find your solution to an outside touch interface to interact with Resolume in some very cool ways. So I did!

The video bellow is an actual Birthday Cake, created for a TV news reporter. The cake had interactive buttons which controlled Resolume to play different channels of videos, as desired.

Scroll it to 1:06 to see the projection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUyUpey6yBY

Oh... the tip... "MAKEY MAKEY".

Cheers,

Paulo

georgeberlin
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by georgeberlin »

Check out Kaleido!

https://www.kaleidointeractive.com/

There's an editor that runs full-screen and it sends
OSC from images, you can scroll over to new pages,
design it how you want, etc.

I use mine with a 24" touch screen.

Super easy!

Also, the player (extra cost) does 'kiosk' mode but you
won't need that to have people play with it (just watch
in case someone taps where they shouldn't!)
Animation Illustration Exhilaration!
Projection Mapping and Interactive Sculpture
http://www.georgeberlin.com

jcmatos

Post by jcmatos »

Kaleido is pretty interesting and it's not that expensive for the functionality, It's pretty much the only customizeable visual interface builder I have found up to now. but I'm doing free work so I'm not going to invest so much on something at the moment, especially because I don't know how limited it can be.
Any alternatives?

I was trying to search, maybe a way to send OSC signal from a HTML page (HTML is the only code I know), but no way.

dstro619

Post by dstro619 »

I use touch osc via 2 ipads. In osc preferences just make sure incoming and outgoing boxes are both selected and the address for outgoing is the ip for your device. In osc app settings host will be the ip of computer running arena.....Oh...Turn bundles off.
I just set up a direct computer network on mac as it makes a huge difference in latency.

sssslamin

Post by sssslamin »

brady V already gave you your answer.

touchdesigner