How do I send text information to resolume from a tablet

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
arindamliveguitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

How do I send text information to resolume from a tablet

Post by arindamliveguitar »

I have a gig coming up which is an activation campaign for a soft drink company. A LED wall will be running a generic animation which is the soft drink bottle along with its label. The idea is that there will be different winners of a certain contest and every time the winner comes up and his name is announced, the presenter will input his name from a tab and that will come up on the label portion of the bottle in the animation . Is there any way this communication of sending the text information could be established between a tab and a laptop running resolume?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: How do I send text information to resolume from a tablet

Post by Zoltán »

You might need to create a custom app for this that can take text input and send it via OSC.
The text could be sent to a Text Animator source. which then you or the tablet operator could launch via a separate button.

The easiest way to accomplish this would probably be if you'd know the winner names before they are announced and you could input them into Resolume yourself.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu