Glastonbury Festival 2005

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
meek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Glastonbury Festival 2005

Post by meek »

Hi everyone,

Once again we are providing live visuals for one of the worlds biggest and best outdoor music festivals, Glastonbury 2005.

This year we are in the East Coast Dance Tent, the largest stage in the new expanded "Dance Village" area. We will be VJing on Friday night, Saturday daytime and Sunday night.

Acts we will be VJing for include: The Chemical Brothers, 2 Lone Swordsmen, James Lavelle, Timo Maas, Way Out West, Justin Robertson, Rodney P, Skinnyman, 2 Many DJs, Mylo...and many more !

Tech set up: We will be using 2x shuttles, Resolume 2.2 and a MX50 mixer... and shadow puppets.

Should be phat - we will post some pics up here next week when we return.

Have a great weekend !

James // Meek VJ Collective

www.meek.tv

meek

Post by meek »

By the way its this weekend !
Forgot to put dates..

Glastonbury = 24th, 25th and 26th June

more info here

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

Meek mate, im sooooooooooooo jealous, i want to play at Glastonbury!!!!
should you need a personal techie for the future glastonburys....;)

pifco

Post by pifco »

was all set to vj on the jazz world stage last year, day before i got there they told me the LCD screens hadn't come. Another time perhaps.

have a top time and hope the weather holds off for you.
piff

meek

Post by meek »

Yo,

Ive just put a QuickTIme of our set for 2manydjs at Glastonbury Festival 2005 online,
you can check it here : http://www.meek.tv/site/media/2manyvjs.html

Its a pretty big file, but Id love to hear any feedback anyone might have on our set. We were pretty pleased with how it went..

Enjoy !

James // Meek VJ Collective
http://www.meek.tv

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Originally posted by meek
We will be VJing on Friday night, Saturday daytime and Sunday night.

Acts we will be VJing for include: The Chemical Brothers, 2 Lone Swordsmen, James Lavelle, Timo Maas, Way Out West, Justin Robertson, Rodney P, Skinnyman, 2 Many DJs, Mylo...and many more !
I don't want to deny your success in making such a big deal. Of course it is a big success.
But wouldn't it be better to have many vjs making visuals to that many acts?? You could concentrate on building a compact, focused set, perfectly adapted to one or two audio sets, instead of stretching your material to over 20 hours.

In this way it looks to me like the festival organizer made a good discount in booking only one vj-team (even if he pays you really good). Thus i'm afraid he's not very interessted in individual visuals as part of a multi-facetted festival.

meek

Post by meek »

Jealous ?

;)

haha

You aint seen our skills or footage library, we can vj for days non stop without sleep or water and still beat match our visuals...

To be fair there is a certain ammount of tight fistedness with the budget for visuals (the kit we were provided with was far from amazing) but other vjs were also in that tent, including ZEN TV, Strictly and Lowdown (nice guys) etc
Plus it turned out that Mylo and Timo Maas brought there own vjs..
Glastonbury is also one of the biggest outdoor festivals in the world, there are literally hundreds of stages and tents, the majority with visuals of some sort in...

But in our defense, we have been vjing long enough to different musical genres to have way more than enough footage to be able to vj for a variety of acts rather than just one style so it wasnt a problem! Far from it.. we were gagging for more. We didnt even use most our footage. Maybe not all visual outfits can take this kind of work on and make a success out of it, but I think we really excel in this kind of gig.
Plus we are greedy and only want to see our own stuff on the screens :P

That video I posted before was too big, ive uploaded a smaller one to the same address:
http://www.meek.tv/site/media/2manyvjs.html

Judge for yourself if we pulled it off or not (this is only a little bit of the festival..)

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Originally posted by meek

That video I posted before was too big, ive uploaded a smaller one to the same address:
http://www.meek.tv/site/media/2manyvjs.html
it does not matter if it is big as long as it is streaming ... simply export it with quicktime pro with 'prepare for internet streaming' (or simething similar) enabled.

meek

Post by meek »

Thanks Bart,

I keep on setting it to render when Im half asleep and screwing up the settings!
Doh

Will fix it later...

James // http://www.meek.tv

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

i just discovered (the hard way) that the steaming options do not work when exporting from after effects so i guess its best to use quicktime pro.