AJA T-Tap - Not recognised?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
millimedia
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: AJA T-Tap - Not recognised?

Post by millimedia »

No, I haven't had any trouble outputting Resolume via HDMI. It's just that I work with video, and have had situations very close to disasters because of HDMI issues of all kinds... SDi just feels more safe.

BUT if it introduces more latency, it's probably not a good idea anyway, since I want to input live video...

Thank you so much for looking into this. If you fint an easy way to make the T-Tap an option, it is of course very nice (always feels good to have as many plan B's as possible:)

/i

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

millimedia wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 09:17 No, I haven't had any trouble outputting Resolume via HDMI. It's just that I work with video, and have had situations very close to disasters because of HDMI issues of all kinds... SDi just feels more safe.

BUT if it introduces more latency, it's probably not a good idea anyway, since I want to input live video...

Thank you so much for looking into this. If you fint an easy way to make the T-Tap an option, it is of course very nice (always feels good to have as many plan B's as possible:)

/i
I highly suggest using decimators with sdi. They’re great. The dac70 is also a great piece of kit.

millimedia

Post by millimedia »

Confused: None of these have Thunderbolt/USB C inputs, they are regular HDMI/SDI converters, right?

- If so, it is not an answer to the question: The AJA T-Tap has Thunderbolt in, and HD SDI out

/i

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I believe what he is referring to is using your built in HDMI output, because it will have less latency, driver, and connectivity issues. then if you have to have your output signal be SDI, use one of the devices he listed above to convert the HDMI into SDI.

Which I would also agree with. Along with the Decimater. The MD-Cross is a great tool to have on hand.
If you're going into 4k, then SDI is not what you will want be using.

millimedia

Post by millimedia »

Thanks for all feedback.
- I checked with Symbiosis yesterday, who have Decimators in Europe. They kindly replied that all their cross converters have less than a frame processing time. Which means there is little to gain over just converting the HDMI out, as you both suggest.

Also, I found a decent HDMI signal booster:
StarTech.com HDMI Signal Booster
- I guess staying on HDMI all the way is best, if the signal is reliable.
And hope that all EDID issues are of the past:)

/i