triggering effect presets via midi

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
im_borealis
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: triggering effect presets via midi

Post by im_borealis »

danklim wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 15:53 hmm interesting, thanks. How would you make each the each event "unblock the desired Crop effect, and block all the others"? 

I see that i can midi map the bypass button, but it seems to be a toggle on/off (rather than 2 seperate buttons for on and off). It seems like that would be difficult/confusing/maybe not possible to make the events trigger just the correct crop effects to be triggered on and block all of the others, no?

I've never used OSC before but am comfortable with midi, is this just a unique functionality of OSC or can this be done with midi?
Well, I don't know about MIDI, but with OSC you can use absolute values. This is the basis of how this would work. When you add multiple Crop effects to a clip, their OSC names become: crop, crop2, crop3, etc. If you want to use crop2, then your OSC output becomes:
  • /composition/layers/2/clips/1/video/effects/crop2/bypassed 0
  • /composition/layers/2/clips/1/video/effects/crop/bypassed 1
  • /composition/layers/2/clips/1/video/effects/crop3/bypassed 1
I use this same technique to make a "Clear Effects" button on my APC40. When I press the Session button, all my effects get set to zero. For anyone using OSCulator, I've attached that.
Attachments
resolume_clearFX.zip
(80.67 KiB) Downloaded 438 times