Smaller Comp increase macbook performance?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
dstro619
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Smaller Comp increase macbook performance?

Post by dstro619 »

Hey everybody 1st post thanks for any consideration if you choose to reply.....Just started a lighting gig and using Grand MA along with Arena 5 for the LED board behind the dj both. Current guy there is using a comp size of 1920 x 1080. All my clips are at the same resolution and dxv.
I wanted to prepare some comps and organize my files at home but my macbook doesn't perform well with a 1920 comp....Any suggestions on how i can preview clips and effects etc. at home with a plain ol macbook?

im_borealis

Re: Smaller Comp increase macbook performance?

Post by im_borealis »

Unless you have a MacBook with a discrete graphics card, you're not going to get great performance. Even my 2015 MacBook Pro with the discrete graphics is comfortable with just 720p once I start adding effects. I'd say run your composition at something like 480p, then resize everything to 1080p before you transfer to the gig computer.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

How big is the “LED Board” and what resolution? Chances are you might not need to have such a large composition to start with.

dstro619

Post by dstro619 »

Honestly I don’t know. It uses the LV605 and since i’m Not the only one using it I find myself always needing to change the settings. It’s 4 panels all ran horizontal.