Countdown source

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Countdown source

Post by DHoude »

With the removal of Flash in Resolume 6, I am in search of a countdown solution. I know Linear OSC is great for launching. That is not what I am looking for.

I am essentially looking for a text generative source just like the Resolume 6 built in ones. Something I can adjust font size and location on screen and the background supports transparency. I would like to set a target date/time and have it countdown to that time based off of my system clock. Just something that can show the status of a night live on screen.

Does FFGL have this capability? NDI source? Other options i may not have considered? Just seems like such an important and requested tool to still not have a solution yet.

I will probably use Linear OSC to progress through the clips in a layer. So this countdown source will be one clip. Then some customs clips that I will make will get launched for the final Countdown (no pun intended).

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DHoude

Re: Countdown source

Post by DHoude »

I also forgot to mention that there does not seem to be a Shader Toy either.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Take a look at this post of mine from last NYE as it may be helpful.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

You could create your own countdown in Processing, and syphon/spout it to Resolume.
Or just send the updated countdown text via OSC to a built in text generator every second.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

The TouchDesigner projects works pretty well, Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. I also had a client asking if I have TouchDesigner experience. At least this takes the pressure off and gives me a good example.

I don't have any programming experience, with minimal to no Processing experience. I have plenty of time so I will look at that option too. That is also why I was wondering if it was possible to make an FFGL source that does this.

OSC is still pretty new to me too. I am still trying to troubleshoot why the Linear OSC will not connect to my Resolume. I have done all the recommended settings in Resolume and even taken down the Windows Firewall completely. Just running the loopback 127.0.0.1.