Can Avenue output 2 different images to 2 different displays?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
langdon.alan
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Can Avenue output 2 different images to 2 different displays?

Post by langdon.alan »

I am researching a solution for a client who wants to be able to do the following:

She has two mac minis. She needs to project 3 distinct images, in loop, and synchronized (starting all together). Someone suggested Avenue would be the way to go.
So:

1) Can Avenue output 2 different images to 2 different displays? Or does she need Arena?
2) Does she need to get a third party communication app to get both machines running Resolume in tandem and synch? Or can this all be done with Mac-to-mac networking and the features inside Resolume Avenue (or Arena)?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Can Avenue output 2 different images to 2 different displays?

Post by Arvol »

if you do not need to do any special output resizing or keystoning, avenue will work.
you can use OSC to communicate between the two machines. just need to have both machines on the same network.

langdon.alan
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by langdon.alan »

Thanks for responding, Arvol. I indeed do not need any fancy resizing, etc. Just need to trigger at the same time 3 different videos going to 3 displays.
Can you give me further advice?
I have connected both Mac minis using Ethernet, and both are running Resolume Avenue with the same composition. I believe I have configured IN and OUT properly, but I might be wrong. Can you help me with the necessary steps to get to the point where I can trigger the 3 videos spread across 2 Macs (2 screens on one, the "master", 1 on the other "slave")?
Many thanks!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I believe this is a duplicate post. I replied on the other one ;)