I'd like to replace my current set-up which goes like this:
- I have a master Quartz Composer (QC) file with all my own content
- The master QC file has many subunits - each with its own syphon output.
- In Resolume 6 I pick up all the syphon outputs and put each of them in a separate clips
- On an iPad I have Lemur running to control QC via MIDI
- So when I want to play a clip which contains a syphon input coming from QC, I use Lemur to turn on the corresponding sub-unit (i.e. Render in Image patch) in QC. This way my machine doesn't have to constantly process 25 QC compositions nor open or close QC compositions as I need them.
I know the above is related to my previous post. Please hang on for my actual questions. Here goes:
- Can anyone recommend a similarly elegant (please entertain me by calling the above elegant) solution? I need many different inputs to Resolume and I want to be able to run this on a laptop (Macbook Pro).
- Can the free version of Unity use syphon and make master compositions with many, individually selectable syphon outputs? (I'm not sure because the syphon github seems to indicate that only the pro version works with syphon)
- Can TouchDesigner use syphon (I know it used to but I'm not clear on whether it still works - couldn't find any recent tutorials). Although, I guess TouchDesigner can be used to create such master composition.
Many thanks for reading this far. I'll be grateful for any guidance....