Help me obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Luke Skywalker
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Help me obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope

Post by Luke Skywalker »

R2D2 MESSAGE INCOMING...

Bleep. Bloop. WEEEEEE!

Hello,

I'm new to resolume, but I want to make sure it is the right software for our purposes.

We'd like to use this software to blend 9+ projectors into a 3 wall display like in the image below.

It will be a permanent installation in a 1500-2000 sq ft room. Actually there will be 2 rooms, identical to each other, with the same setup in each.

We'll need hi-res video, complete Audio + Video synchronization as well as additional DMX controls (so we can control not only the blended projector video and associated audio, but some other LED lights and DMX controlled devices - all from one central piece of software).

So my questions are:
(1) Is this the right software?
(2) Generally speaking, what hardware would be needed other than the projectors and a beefy PC to run everything? Will I need a camera to callibrate the image blending? Will I need a media server (like a VIOSO or other)? Would you recommend a multi-PC setup for any reason (perhaps 1 PC that acts as the server and another to run the software on..)?
(3) Because there will be 2 identical setups, would we need 2 complete systems or would 1 central super-computer be able to run 2 independent 'shows' (1 in each of the 2 rooms.. which could be completely different 'shows' that start and stop at different times and so on).

Thank you!!
Luke Skywalker
Last edited by Luke Skywalker on Wed Oct 17, 2018 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Help me obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope

Post by He2neg »

For sure go with 2 Systems.

All what you want is in general possible with resolume.

You will need a good piece of Hardware ( computer + datapath fx4.). Take a look at the „help i want to run resolume with a lot of outputs....“ ( fixed topic in the forum).

You wont need a camera or different mediaserver. Just skilled stuff to set it up.

Also you will get somehow deep in resolume and will need some time for that as well.

You can run into some (solvable) Problems with audio sync. You may want to think about build a timecode setup with seperated audio & visual hardware. But then each new show is a bit more work till it can start.

Get the Demo and start trying. Dmx / audio out blending. Then you will get a feeling what are you getting into it.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~