New rig for installation - 4 x4k res - multiple displays

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
eYespY
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

New rig for installation - 4 x4k res - multiple displays

Post by eYespY »

Hi Everyone

Firstly i want to say that resolume is by far the most useful and productive live visual manipulation software exisiting today, got introduced through resolume 2.3, Till now have done many small setups with upto 3 outputs(eyefinity- Msi Gx60) at a time,using resolume

now im presented with new challenge here ,i have build a server rig for permanent installation supporting upto 4x4k or 12 outputs via LED screens (movable) and 4k projectors .

After reading the following comments to posts and the guide i come to understand that with all hardware requirements met and to get 4x 4koutputs with a graphic card without using Datapath fx4 or BMD quad link or matrox c-900 videocard /TH2GO ,i will use Graphic card - NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 adding more via sync when necessary, connected to LED wall & processor(novastar) and projectors.

I just needed a confirmation as above configuration will work without any shortcomings with all possible outcomes in arranging the display outputs including a 360 degree video as well as different and separated display screens

is the above a safe investment,
Do you also think if Nvidia Nvs800 & AMD Firepro w9100 are better alternatives or risky options.?

eYespY
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: New rig for installation - 4 x4k res - multiple displays

Post by eYespY »

hi everyone,

So we have finalized on a 'hp workstation z440' with xeon processsor 4core with 2 x Nvidia Quadro p1000 which is giving 7 displays( projectors)+ 1 interface monitor

This is a permananent installation at a distant location so we are tying to have a simple activation or play and need to show sync with lights.

Also the soundtrack in the video clip has to be played , we think its best to use one computer and sync via smpte code . 2 layers routed via top 5 beamers and bottom 2 beamers with edge blending on

How we plan this is

Method 1) (no ableton ) 1 PC playing Resolume

smpte generator (hardware)------ to ---- Resolume-via mic in 1 computer & smpte
(clips stripped of sound ) 2 layers of 1 video 20 min long . video DXV-routed to slices and displays and one layer to play sound of the clip wav.

Method 2) 1 PC computer

With ableton and Resolume ( playing smpte wav file in ableton ) and 1 output sent to light console and other output picked up via line in mic into resolume arena taking the timeframe and output triggering via smpte

Method 3) 2PC computers with ableton (playing smpte 1 channel )
on 1 and Resolume on the other

I have tried and got this working while arrangeing clips in column and triggering each column manually while within the time frame ,with pause and re-play via ableton

Which of the 3 methods are stable , since i tried and feel that method 3 is a better option, would like to know if and how the other 2 methods work in an instalation scenario where every evening they will jsut turnon the computers and projectors they start working at the touch of the button.

Heading over to installation on monday, any thoughts, ideas to get it working perfectly will be very helpful

Thanks & Regards

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

eYespY wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:20 Also the soundtrack in the video clip has to be played , we think its best to use one computer and sync via smpte code .
In Resolume Clips with Audio can't be set to SMPTE sync, so if you want to run the video synced with SMPTE, you'll have to play the audio separately.
https://resolume.com/support/en/smpte
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

massta
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by massta »

I'm thinking of doing the same thing but I need more than 8 outputs.

I'm considering a Quadro P4000 for extra processing and the NVS 810 card that has 8-outputs. I just confirmed they use the same driver. So I should see x12 outputs.

My concern is making sure all the heavy processing is done on the P4000 card. I hear this is done by putting the main monitor on this card. Not trying to hijack your thread but can this be confirmed?