How to manage large project?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
_Ineffable_
Is taking Resolume on a second date

How to manage large project?

Post by _Ineffable_ »

Hey VJs,

I was browsing through the website of TAS Visuals. One of my favourite VJs.
Here I saw a printscreen of his Resolume project.

I am shocked by the number of layers and I was wondering how one would control and manage/work with so much content on a live gig.

Any ideas? :?:
TAS_Project
TAS_Project

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: How to manage large project?

Post by Grimm90 »

It's just how your workflow develops i guess.
Some people use a couple of content layers and a well mapped controller to modulate their content live using fx, others will switch between layers depending on the dynamics of the song ..

I often have 15 layers or more , but they don't all need my focus.
Some layers have a autopilot on they switch between content , but also the layer itself is fading in / out with a animated opacity slider , with envelopes. And the group it's in might be automated too.
This can be handy if you are mapping for example content to screens , but also animating the soundsystem speakers .
You can focus on your screen content , while the speakers are running to preset content & clips and creating variations of these.

Some layers can be just a simple router or a slice tranform to perform something technically in resolume , they are often persistent clips & locked content.
Another layer may just have different type of strobe fx , piano mapped to a midi controller so they can be 'shot' into the comp live..
Thank god/resolume for groups, resolume 5 was way more challenging here.
I compare it to a sound DAW , a simple song might have 4 tracks and one vst plugin , but more advanced users take this way more far.