Extended Resolutions

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
newfuturenow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Extended Resolutions

Post by newfuturenow »

I have a question about resolutions this has always confused me, and maybe someone can clear this up for me once and for all.. If for example I use a 1920 X 1080 video and output it mirrored 4 times across a display of 7680 X 1080, does it take the same processing power as if I was playing 4 layers of the same content at 1920 X 1080 on a single display?

If the advanced output is set at 7680 X 1080, does the very fact of this extended resolution /output require more from the GPU than a 1920 X 1080 output?

If the clip being played in 4 separate slices within my extended output is the same clip, does Resolume treat this as it would if I was playing 4 different video clips, or would I see savings on the GPU due to it being the same video clip X4?

I have a big gig which requires 4 outputs to a total of 7680 X 1080 just round the corner, and I ask because I am considering how I can be as efficient as possible with my set creation and choice of content. I guess if I move from Arena 5 to Arena 6 I will see a big difference right?