Using Resolume with a LED Wall and an external monitor

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
djbooks
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Using Resolume with a LED Wall and an external monitor

Post by djbooks »

Ok I know this has been discussed and I read multiple posts on the subject but I will still post my problem. Im using Arena 6. I have a Sager Windows 10 laptop. I'm using a 1070 card. I have multiple I/O. Im using a led wall, HDMI to DVI adapter from the computer to a Novastar MCTRL300 controller going to the LED wall. Everything is configured and up and running on that end. What I want to do is use an external monitor to see what's on the wall in back of me when I'm using Resolume while DJing. I just purchased a 7 inch 1024x600 LCD monitor. The monitor has HDMI and VGA inputs. I brought a HDMI to USB type C adapter to plug into the computer. Can I configure this third screen to work or do I need something from Black magic to work externally? If I can configure it to work, do I start in Windows first to show the third screen and then configure it in Resolume? Lastly, what would be the best way to plug the monitor into the computer....hdmi to mini displayport (I have two of those inputs too)?? Iwould really appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Using Resolume with a LED Wall and an external monitor

Post by Empyfree »

Lots of questions!

First make sure windows can see and use your screen.

Then configure in Resolume.

Why did you buy a USB c to HDMI?

I’m not familiar with your laptop, but ideally you want your main graphic card to run all three screens (laptop, LED screen and new screen). This will probably mean using a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor cable.

djbooks
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Using Resolume with a LED Wall and an external monitor

Post by djbooks »

And that's exactly what I did last night. I brought a mini displayport to HDMI and I worked. I added the screen and configured it in the advanced output and it's working. Thanks a lot. 👍🏾👍🏾