Watchout user in need of some guidance!

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
SergioCaparelli
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Watchout user in need of some guidance!

Post by SergioCaparelli »

Hi everybody! First post here.
As the title says I've been working for years mainly as a watchout operator in corporate events, sometimes using up to 10 HD outputs, running multiple H264 videos at once.
Here are my questions:

1)How can i accomplish this using Resolume? I really love the interface and possibilities in real time of the software, my main concern is how to work with that amount of video outputs, and how is the performance with h264. Converting everything to DXV sadly is not an option.
2) is it possible to run a a show in 2 machines simultaneusly? (The second one as a hot backup)

I would really appreciate any advice! Maybe some of you has experience with some similar setup.
Cheers from Argentina

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Watchout user in need of some guidance!

Post by Zoltán »

1. check this forum thread on your options running multiple outputs: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15035

2. If you need a hot backup, you could use OSC shortcuts, from the main machine to the backup.
You could create a specific OSC shortcut preset to only send out the messages you need for the backup to follow the main machine. Like the one in this forum thread.
It would be also possible this way to run two live machines.
Or alternatively, you can control both via DMX or OSC from an external source.

H264 playback performance will depend on what your CPU can handle.
To get an idea what you can expect, you can get the fully functional Resolume installers from our download page Drop the number of h264 files to Resolume into separate layers, and check where the CPU load gets too high.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu