I'm completely new to this but I want to AGGRESSIVELY learn as much as possible.

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
pkfire89
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

I'm completely new to this but I want to AGGRESSIVELY learn as much as possible.

Post by pkfire89 »

I want to do visuals, animation, lighting, lasers, flames, fog and however much more. Am I even in the right place for this? I know Resolume has a software that does the visuals, but how about everything else? Is all this usually self-trained or do people actually go to school for it?

I WANT TO LEARN!!!

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: I'm completely new to this but I want to AGGRESSIVELY learn as much as possible.

Post by Grimm90 »

Well i would say start with one topic that interests you more and gradually add more to that. What you just listed is 2-3 full bachelor degrees and 10 years of experience.

So you either go to school for the first degree , or you start working in a theatre / event industry / wherever you think is best for you now and you take in as much as you can , and or you study & practice more after hours.

Resolume is mainly for visuals. You can also control some light with it and other crazy shizzle, but it will benefit you to have a basic grip of show lighting first before you connect those dots for example .

Make a list of all u would like to know , all the skills you think you need for that , the gear , the places you know on / offline that could teach you. Make a realistic planning and brush up that self discipline. Now get to work you visual soldier !