iPad vs Android Tablet for Lemur/TouchOSC

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
roxwindy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

iPad vs Android Tablet for Lemur/TouchOSC

Post by roxwindy »

Hi there,

I've been thinking about trying to integrate a step sequencer into my workflow and I always get led to either Lemur or TouchOSC on this. I haven't had any experience using it but only knowing it runs off an external tablet. I am more used to using Android based devices, but will an iPad be more suitable for the work? I will purchase this solely just to use it with Resolume Avenue.

(I mostly just want to find a way to automate my work a little bit more if possible with a step sequencer, if anyone has any other ideas I am open to know more!)

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: iPad vs Android Tablet for Lemur/TouchOSC

Post by He2neg »

I had the first generation ipad mini and its still working with lemur....

but since envelope i use the set sequenzes inside of resolume.

if you get a running arena 6 lemur step sequenzer i would love to test it as well... i didnt get that arena 5 template working for arena 6...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: iPad vs Android Tablet for Lemur/TouchOSC

Post by Joris »

This is not specifically for tablet, but GP is still the unchallenged king of step sequencers for Resolume: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5398