Native support for prores

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Supernova
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Native support for prores

Post by Supernova »

I wonder if you can give more details about the new native support for prores files. Does this simply mean that they CAN play, or does this mean that it would now be fine to load up a whole show with prores files and it will run smoothly?
Is it still recommended to encode prores to dxv, or is there no need to encode now?

Thanks

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Native support for prores

Post by Zoltán »

Supernova wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 16:07 I wonder if you can give more details about the new native support for prores files. Does this simply mean that they CAN play, or does this mean that it would now be fine to load up a whole show with prores files and it will run smoothly?
Is it still recommended to encode prores to dxv, or is there no need to encode now?
Thanks
The big change here is that prores is now supported on windows natively in Resolume under windows.
Prores files should be playing fine even with SMPTE under windows.

For AV prores files we're already using our decoder on mac, and we're working on smooth SMPTE playback.

Prores is still CPU decoded, so if you want to play many of them at once, I'd recommend to encode to DXV instead for better performance.

Also moved to separate topic ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu