HELP WITH LOADING FILES

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
happyappleboy1978
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

HELP WITH LOADING FILES

Post by happyappleboy1978 »

Hiya I am new to this thing, I am trying to load in Visuals onto 2.3 but it wont let me load WMA or Quicktime, what files will work and how cld I covert them ? what file type would I need to covert them to please please someone help

Cheers

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

from the MANUAL
Open the files tab in the interface and browse your hard drive for files that you would like to use. You can load the following media types. Movies:avi, mov, qt, mpg, mpeg. Flash:swf. or Pictures:bmp, psd, gif, jpg, jpeg, wmf. Drag one or more files to one of the channels in the middle. If you drag more than one movie or flash files, each file is inserted in a new channel. If you drag more than one picture files to a channel, a picture sequence is created in that channel. Activating that channel will play all the inserted picture files as an animation.
also FROM THE MANUAL
Although resolume plays mpg and mov files, for the best playback result of movies you should use the avi file format encoded with the Cinepak, Indeo or MJPEG codec.

Export settings:

Codec: Cinepak, Indeo 5.1 or MJPEG

Audio: disabled

Key frame every 1 frame

Quality: 100%

Resolution: 400x300

If the source footage is larger then 400x300

Deinterlace: on

Better resize: on

You should render every frame a keyframe if you want to play your files backward or if you do a lot of scratching. Rendering every frame a key frame reduces seek time so that the forwards and backwards playback speed is the same and that scratching will be faster.
as for converting files, google it or search the forum, a lot's been written on this. Sorry if this sounds rude but we're beginning to get the SAME questions over and over.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

for me it wont read wmv,jpeg bmp or psd files :(