Remapping green to blue and vice versa?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
FakeGamerGuy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Remapping green to blue and vice versa?

Post by FakeGamerGuy »

Hi,

I'm having a technical issue with my display where it has suddenly decided that blue should now trigger the green LEDs and green should trigger the blue LEDs. While I'm getting this sorted out with tech support, is there a way I can remap these colors with a filter? I know it's a weird ask, but I've got just over a week before my event and I'm not sure support is going to be able to help in time, so if I can put a bandaid on it that's good enough for now.

Once I get home I'll post what I'm building and an example of my problem, just in case it isn't clear.

Thanks in advance,
Travis

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Remapping green to blue and vice versa?

Post by He2neg »

when you have a single clip you can try hue rotate to shift green to blue...but all other colors will be shifted as well...

the better way would be to check your fixture mapping if there is a failure and the colors are switched there...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If you're working with DMX fixtures, you can change the pixel order in the fixture in Resolume itself int he Fixture editor. https://resolume.com/support/en/fixture ... olor-space

If you're talking about a led wall, try to
make a new group, bypass it,
add 2 additional layers to the group
add Feedback sources to every group layer.
On Feedback 1, disable all but the Green channel in the Feedback source, and drop a colorize effect to the Feedback clip, set colorize color to Blue, set colorize weighted Off, and contrast to 48.
On Feedback 2, disable all but the Blue channel in the Feedback source, and drop a colorize effect to the Feedback clip, set colorize color to Green, set colorize weighted Off, and contrast to 48.
On Feedback 3, disable all but the Red channel in the Feedback source,
Launch all Feedbacks, and set your Slice input in the Advanced output to the Group,
Disable Ignore Bypass/solo on the slice.

This would give you a result like this:
Képernyőfotó 2019-08-22 - 11.08.26.png
But checking the LED hardware setup first would be recommended in either case.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

FakeGamerGuy

Post by FakeGamerGuy »

I appreciate the help; I'll try this when I get home. The issue is 100% with the LED panels. They aren't DMX; it accepts DVI in, processes the signal, then distributes it to the receiver card (RV901 I think) that directly controls the LED panels. I'm trying to get that resolved but I only have a week to do it, plus work is crazy, I'm moving, and tech support is unresponsive, so I'm looking at bandaids so I can at least demo my stuff next weekend.

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

soo... you arnt anywere inside the artnet stuff... you send dvi video to your LED Wall processor and then the colors arnt correct on the wall?

i guess you cant correct this inside resolume...

first check if you may just have a color space problem... "rgb vs yuv" for checking this change the colorspace you are sending (inside your system preferences or graphic card settings)

then also check with a monitor that the signal going into your led wall processor is correct

after this you only have the chance to find the failure inside the processor unit...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~Berlin~

FakeGamerGuy

Post by FakeGamerGuy »

Good call on the color space, I'll check that tonight with my DVI monitor. The colors *were* correct initially, then after I changed the brightness and saved the settings is when I saw the color error.

Here's an example of the colors showing incorrectly, just for reference. There no red here, but red does display correctly.
Attachments
MVIMG_20190822_235002.jpg

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

FakeGamerGuy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 21:16 Good call on the color space, I'll check that tonight with my DVI monitor. The colors *were* correct initially, then after I changed the brightness and saved the settings is when I saw the color error.

Here's an example of the colors showing incorrectly, just for reference. There no red here, but red does display correctly.

Checking color space is try out and change it.... (A Monitor may just autoset his colorspace correct but the led processor dont...)

the Monitor is a 2nd check... just in case....

but i think i found it with the color space allready ;)
~Berlin~

FakeGamerGuy

Post by FakeGamerGuy »

I didn't see an option to change the color space in my GPU's outputs, so I remapped green and blue in the Blender compositor when rendering video and everything is "fine" now. I still need to fix the core issue but at least it looks correct now.

https://youtu.be/r3Vn_NcNHaw