adapting old video collection

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
PartyPapi
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

adapting old video collection

Post by PartyPapi »

is it possible to link a bigger set of videos (about 20k) automatically (batch mode) with the matching audios?
Right now I am still working with MIXVIBES CROSS 3.x for video. It uses video files just like audio files. But I tend to change to the DENON PRIME 4 with RESOLUME ARENA in near future (should be available in december). My problem is written above. Certainly I want to go on using my collection of music videos. The amount is just too big to link every video manually. Therefor I am asking if it is also possible to get this job done automatically.

Best greetings from Germany

Ralf

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: adapting old video collection

Post by Zoltán »

Having the file name of the audio tracks in the video name helps a lot ;)

What I did to link lots of videos at once, was
I converted the Video clips to Audio only files for the prime 4, can be either mp3 or wav,
Then converted the clips to DXV with Alley.
Then id a batch rename of the video clips to have the file name include the audio extension. You can do this easily with TotalCommander.
So for an audio file of: Artist - trackName.mp3
I'd have a DXV video file named Artist - trackName.mp3.mov

Drop these DXV files to Resolume, select all, right click - Strip Audio (if you had audio embedded) and right click - Transport - Denon.
And they should be ready.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

PartyPapi
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: adapting old video collection

Post by PartyPapi »

Great. THANKS! It will take a time untilI buy the PRIME 4 and after this I will buy ARENA,too. But now I can beging tothink/do things. :)