Timecode + h.264

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
rawdesigns
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Timecode + h.264

Post by rawdesigns »

Was wondering if anyone had experience with using MP4 H.264 files with timecode? I’m curious how the playback performs over DXV. Thanks!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Timecode + h.264

Post by Arvol »

rawdesigns wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 16:42 Was wondering if anyone had experience with using MP4 H.264 files with timecode? I’m curious how the playback performs over DXV. Thanks!
This sounds like a horrible idea lol.
I mean give me a min and i'll do a test for you, but my money is on a dumpster fire of a result.
Actually, wait. no test needed (i'm still doing it), I had Cardi B roll in with her whole show in mp4, and it was janky as hell. We converted and it worked smooth. I'll post a video of a test here in a few ;)

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Arvol wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 17:40
rawdesigns wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 16:42 Was wondering if anyone had experience with using MP4 H.264 files with timecode? I’m curious how the playback performs over DXV. Thanks!
I mean give me a min and i'll do a test for you, but my money is on a dumpster fire of a result.
Actually, wait. no test needed (i'm still doing it), I had Cardi B roll in with her whole show in mp4, and it was janky as hell. We converted and it worked smooth. I'll post a video of a test here in a few ;)

100% OffTopic:

How can you post something in the future... or is it something strange happening with ppl around the world and different time zones...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Here you go:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AlDnI ... p=drive_fs

I made a 1 minute long file encoded in DXV3 and in H.264, placed them side by side in a comp, drove them both by the same LTC source, and then outputted the video to NDI to be recorded in OBS. As you can see, no issues with DXV3, H.264 stops and stutters a lot. Also keep in mind, this is a 1 min. video, if you are doing 4-10+ min video's, it only get MUCH worse as time goes on.

Hope this helps.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

He2neg wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 17:44
Arvol wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 17:40

100% OffTopic:

How can you post something in the future... or is it something strange happening with ppl around the world and different time zones...
Magic ;)

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

First nice video thanks for the work..

2. i have the same magic.... guess the time of the servers are wrong ;)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

rawdesigns
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by rawdesigns »

Arvol wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 18:06 Here you go:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AlDnI ... p=drive_fs

I made a 1 minute long file encoded in DXV3 and in H.264, placed them side by side in a comp, drove them both by the same LTC source, and then outputted the video to NDI to be recorded in OBS. As you can see, no issues with DXV3, H.264 stops and stutters a lot. Also keep in mind, this is a 1 min. video, if you are doing 4-10+ min video's, it only get MUCH worse as time goes on.

Hope this helps.
wow thank you for running this test for me! you went above and beyond answering my question :D