Text To Screen (NewsTicker Style)

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
allairstep
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Text To Screen (NewsTicker Style)

Post by allairstep »

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to Resolume!
I did a live show with the program almost 2 years ago but now I'm using it (or trying to) to do something totally different, I'm planning on doing a Livestream in a few days and will use a machine with resolume to use as my 'overlays and graphics insertor', to launch lower thirds, eventually fullscreen graphics, and all that jazz!
My problem is that I would like to have an animated footer, like a news ticker, continuously displaying the messages people send via Youtube's Superchat, live, or near live.

I'm a bit (totally) lost but since I've seen similar scenarios with text messages running in Television for almost 20 years, I thought that this would be a relatively easy and possible scenario which I really think it would add a massive plus to my live show but i'm really not finding any way to pull this off..

Does anyone know something that can help me achieve this or something similar? Thanks very much! :)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Text To Screen (NewsTicker Style)

Post by Zoltán »

How about let NDI Scan converter grab the youtube window, and bring that into a clip from the sources, and crop it?
Képernyőfotó 2020-05-08 - 12.23.39.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

allairstep

Post by allairstep »

Zoltán wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:25 How about let NDI Scan converter grab the youtube window, and bring that into a clip from the sources, and crop it?
Képernyőfotó 2020-05-08 - 12.23.39.png
Hi there! Thanks for your input! That would be the perfect option to include the whole chat window, for example, the thing is I'm looking to isolate specific comments, in this case, the superChat ones. My idea is to give people the option to pay (with the superchat) to have their message displayed on the main screen, so I would have to choose just he comments to appear, and also, if I go with the NDI Scan converter grabbing the YT window and crop into just the individual comments, then there's the problem the comments keep going up and therefore going out of my crop. Ideally, the whole process would be automated, I think I found a way with (IFTTT) to have the Superchat comments be sent to a google sheet.

So if somebody knows a way to have the text block (which I pre-configure to be a footer) to auto-populate with the information from a Google Sheet I think that would also work...

Hope there is a way to achieve this..

Thanks again for your time!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

The text of the Text Block can be changed via OSC, maybe you can build a bridge app that takes the text from the chat and sends it via OSC instead of a google sheet.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

allairstep

Post by allairstep »

Zoltán wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 13:02 The text of the Text Block can be changed via OSC, maybe you can build a bridge app that takes the text from the chat and sends it via OSC instead of a google sheet.
okok I don't have much knowledge about making actual apps but will certainly look into this and/or talk to someone with the proper knowledge since this appears to be a very good option indeed!

thanks!! :)) :D