Anyone use an Automated (Software based) Midi Signal Generator to Drive Resolume Controles

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
kosho
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Anyone use an Automated (Software based) Midi Signal Generator to Drive Resolume Controles

Post by kosho »

I use an Evolution UC-33 Midi controler mapped to the Resolume controles I most commonly use. However, it would be very useful if I could automatically generate a Midi signal to controle certain Resolume controles especially Layer Opacity or Effect Opacity. That way I could sync the Auomated Midi Signal Generator with the music and so then the various Opacities would be linked to the music.

I have tried searching on the web for such a device (it would ideally be software based and generate mulitple midi signals in various wave forms), but have not found anything.

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

DAS BEN
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by DAS BEN »

i tryed without sucess.
"start mcc and set it to outputto a virtuel port" ? i can select microsoft midi-mapper and microsoft wavetable synth. do i need an extra programm for virtuel midi rewiring ? Because res. just shows my normal extern midi controller.
the idea sounds very interesting. please help

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

hi Das Ben,
check out MidiYoke (virtual midi ports).
http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http:// ... /myoke.htm
it works very well, the installation is a bit unordinary.
But when set up it works perfect.

Edwin

DAS BEN
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by DAS BEN »

thanks

kosho

Installed Midi-Ox and MCC but can\'t get them working

Post by kosho »

Thanks for the suggestion but when I start Midi-Ox, then start MCC, I only see "1 Input Device" (SB Audigy Midi Port) on the Midi-Ox status line. Under MCC I set up (and started) the first LFO with channel 16 & controller 21 and enabled Midi Channel 16 only in Resolume, then mapped Layer 2 Opacity to controller 16, but nothing happened. I don't think Midi-Ox is passing thru the Midi signal from MCC.

When I installed Midi-Ox, I simply ran the install .exe file (under XP Pro). With older versions of Midi-Ox it looks like you have to go thru the new hardware wizard, but Midi-Ox seems to run fine with the standard install.

I am a former flowmotion user and really miss the internal LFOs but am committed to Resolume because of its overall superior design and functionality. I believe modularity is much better than builiding complex funtionality into a single program, so getting this external LFO to work would be ideal and of course really cool visually.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi Kosho,
you don't need to install Midi-Ox, it's a handy tool nevertheless.
But you need to install MidiYoke. This installs virtual midi ports.
Set MMC to output to one of the Virtual Midi Out-Ports (there are eight of them).
Then let resolume listen to the equivalent Virtual Midi In-Port

that should do the job. don't need to run Midi-ox.

Cheers
Edwin

kosho

MidiYoke is now working but not driving R2 controles

Post by kosho »

Installed MidiYoke and now in R2 I see under Preferences, midi general the 8 "MIDI Yoke NT: 1-8" Midi Input Devices (along with my SB Audidgy MIDI Port [DE90] which I assume is my hardware MIDI Port).

I have LFO 1 in MCC configured with Channel: 1 Event type: Controller # MSB/Vol: 12. Everything else under Settings for LFO 1 is the default.

In R2 Preferences, midi mapping under Controllers: Opacity: layer 2
"12 1" which is the same mapping I use for my UC-33 (my UC-33 is turned off). The Range for all the Controllers is "Fixed".

Still not driving the Layer 2 Opacity controle. Any suggestions? (I tried turning off the MIDI Yoke NT 2-8 along with the SB Audigy MIDI Port, but that didn't help) Thanks!

kosho

ok I got it, thanks

Post by kosho »

I needed to set the Midi Output in MCC and voila!

What's very nice about this configuration is I can use my UC-33 controler and then override the controllers I have running in MCC but still use the UC-33 for the other controllers.

Now what would be really nice is a beat measuring utility so I can sync the LFO frequency, sometimes very nice.