Capture Question

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
steve_

Post by steve_ »

Hello,

This software looks really great :) I just had a quick play around with it, and one question springs to mind...

How do you get access to the capture drivers source, format etc dialogue boxes? In other words, once I have selected a capture device and dragged it onto a channel, how do I configure the capture driver to pickup video from the right source etc etc?

I hope there is a way to do it, if not it is certainly something that needs implementing to make the capture facility work.

Having looked at your program verses the competition, I would say you are on to a winner. Do you have any particular recommendations for a dual-head graphics card?

I am running this on a AMD Thunderbird 1.1Ghz with 384MB of RAM under Windows 2000, and it is doing well. It does crash quite a lot though - is there any way of sending you useful debug info?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

We have not (yet) implemented an interface to the capture drivers settings ... but if you drag a capture device driver on a channel it should show video straight away ... if not please tell us what capture device and drivers you are using.

We have not yet been able to test Resolume on different GeforceMX twinview videocards. So we can't yet give you a real recommendation.

You can send in your detailed bug report via the feedback form.

Thanx for testing! I,m looking foreward to your feedback ;-)

steve_

Post by steve_ »

Hmm, without being able to select my video source, size, format, video standard etc, then I cannot use either my WinTV or Osprey 100 capture cards. I suppose a lot of webcams will work straight away because you dont have to select a source. Without access to thse settings the live video input feature is useless to me and many other people. I realise that there are lots of other things you have been concentrating on, but I would suggest hat this feature is neeed for the final release.

To be honest the program crashes so often that I dont really know where to start with bug reports, I think I shall just wait for the next version, sorry!

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

We will implement an interface to the capture driver settings in the next beta release.

We have not heard from anyone who has so many crashes like you say you do ... Check our <a href=http://www.resolume.com/support/bugs.html>known bugs</a> section to see if that can help clear some of the bugs you are experiencing. Do you have directX and flash installed? Are you running 24 or 32 bit?

zeist_

Post by zeist_ »

Hello there,
i am using "Microsoft WOM Image Capture" as my capture driver, and i use a panasonic digital camera. When i drag it to the deck it just comes up white/blank.

how can i fix this? if you could reply within one hour you mite save me for tonight :(!)

chaers

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

So far Resolume only supports VFW (video for windows) capture drivers ... so you could check and see if there is a VFW capture driver available for your capture device ... we will upgrate the capture driver suport in version 1.1 ...

zeist_

Post by zeist_ »

if i buy the product, do i get upgrades for free? and, once i find a VFW driver for my camera, where do i put it so it works for resolume?

thnaks

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

yes you get all the updates free untill version 2.0 whitch you will be able to by for a reduced upgrade fee ... if you find VFW drivers you just have to install them by running the capture driver installer .. if you can find them they will most probably be packaged as a .exe good luck and we hope to send you a serial and cd as soon as possible ;-)

zeist_

Post by zeist_ »

is the capture driver installer a Resolume programme or windows?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

a windows program that installs the drivers ;-)