Visual Programming of Laser Fixtures (new product!)

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
gremlintech
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Visual Programming of Laser Fixtures (new product!)

Post by gremlintech »

I also realized I didn't answer your question. The current market is small to medium venues with financial limitations in either fixture budget for lighting or additional staffing required to program and run the light shows.

If you consider clubs or bars investing in lighting setups you have two options.

1.) A traditional DMX controlled lighting console with staffing to run the system.
2.) LED array/Screen/Projector behind the DJ with a VJ (running resolume hopefully) doing the visuals.

So if you wanted both you would have to invest in a lot of equipment and additional staffing, plus each headliner would need to create custom shows to run on the lighting rig since the layout can differ significantly, both in the DMX fixtures themselves, but also in the capabilities of each fixture.

If you installed, say 5 of the freakquency fixtures (my fixture) instead of the DMX fixtures, then you allow emulation of an unlimited number of beams, shapes, moving heads etc. within the space of the fixture. Then you can use resolume or other software to output patterns to these projectors and treat them as additional "screens".

From my experience, most small to medium venues don't have the staffing and experience to take advantage of the fixtures to their fullest, and many times the same 10-12 lighting scenes may be used week over week. With my system any DJ with a friend that VJs and is trained on my process can create very complex lighting and visual scenes for their own show and use it at any venue that has fixtures installed.

Because my technology is based on projection technology there is a significant trade-off in available brightness, since the beam is focused "virtually". So in order to move out of small and medium venues, I am investing in other projection options, specifically laser projection as well as tri-color projection to reduce bleed. Once these problems have been eliminated and the industry is ready to try the system in place of DMX or alongside it, then I can begin selling professional fixtures.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Visual Programming of Laser Fixtures (new product!)

Post by Arvol »

Would love to see a video of this. I'm interested :)