Beginner Questions part 2: Frame Rate conforming into FCP

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
smooshieface
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Beginner Questions part 2: Frame Rate conforming into FCP

Post by smooshieface »

Hi Guys,

I know this is probably a dumb question, however I have tried to figure it out through my own research.

I have two different VJ Loops the I converted in Alley to DXV 3.
I structure a composition with some generators and mix in the imported files, I note one file's frame rate is 29.97 and the other is 25.

Things run shoots.
I record the performance as pro res 422 and bring into Final Cut Pro in a new project a 25 fps (PAL)
Australia. I get stuttering video files.
I conform inside FCP to either frame blending, floor, etc... But its just not smooth≥

Question : Is it possible to assign an output frame rate of resolume for recordings?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Beginner Questions part 2: Frame Rate conforming into FCP

Post by Arvol »

Try changing your composition settings to the fps you desire and see if that does the trick :)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Beginner Questions part 2: Frame Rate conforming into FCP

Post by Zoltán »

Do you see stuttering already playing back the prores recording in a standalone player?

Prores needs the most resources to be encoded, it can easily happen that the CPU can't keep up encoding, and some frames are dropped. You can spot this by enabling Show FPS in the Resolume output menu, and checking the value in the Preview monitor. The FPS will fall below your target if frames are dropped.

PhotoJpeg is the easiest to encode, maybe it's worth a try.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu