Resolume + lighting + proximity sensor = AV Love

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
tino_vg
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume + lighting + proximity sensor = AV Love

Post by tino_vg »

Hello guys! I am working in a AV project where I would like to set up 4 video proyectors and a lighting system, there is not trouble for the moment, but things are getting tricky when I want to install a proximity sensor ( any brand recomendation??? ) the final goal would be something like once the night comes the video proyectors start the show and when somebody walks close to our sensor, the video projectors go down and the lighting system starts during 5 minutes, then it goes down again and video proyectors come up until the show finish in the morning, everything working by itself.

Do you guys know if would be posible to make this scenario with resolume arena?

thanks so much!!

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Resolume + lighting + proximity sensor = AV Love

Post by gpvillamil »

I would suggest using something like Chataigne to manage the interactions:

https://benjamin.kuperberg.fr/chataigne/en

Attach your proximity sensor to an Arduino or similar, use the serial interface in Chataigne to receive a message whenever it senses something. Chataigne has excellent integration with Resolume and various lighting control software, so when the proximity message is received you can trigger a light show, then wait, then start the projection again.

tino_vg
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Resolume + lighting + proximity sensor = AV Love

Post by tino_vg »

Thanks so much gpvillamil ! I will try this option for sure! My idea would be connect directly my proximity sensor by the USB to the PC using the RS232 protocol of the sensor! I think it would works with the Chataigne software!!

If someone is interested I would update my test results!

thanks so much!