bpm syncing

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
dough.jo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

bpm syncing

Post by dough.jo »

So, I have been experimenting with resolume wire and resolume avenue 7. I have noticed many ways to make wire sources sync with the bpm perfectly. My real question is, is there a way to accurately live sync bpm to tracks being djed? Like you have ableton link right and ableton has a tempo follow button but as soon as you turn the tempo follow on the link turns off. Is there any way to use these 2 in conjunction or some substitute that would do the same thing as tempo follow? I think this would have a ton of applications as wire grows.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: bpm syncing

Post by Zoltán »

You could try the getting a Midi clock from Ableton.
Won't be nearly as accurate as Ableton link though.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

AcdNrg
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by AcdNrg »

I´m not there yet with my integration of Resolume, but are you saying Resolume does not follow tempo received by Ableton Link? :?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Didn't you say, Ableton link is disengaged in Ableton?
If Ableton disconnects from the link, Resolume won't have anything to follow.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

AcdNrg

Post by AcdNrg »

I´m not the OP :), just got concerned that the Resolume Link implementation may have trouble when changing tempo. That would have broken my setup, which is: Link syncing Traktor, Live and Bitwig.

Now that I re-read the entry post (the third time ^^), it seems OP only faces an issue of concurrent time masters between "Link" and "Tempo Follow". Sorry for misreading that.

Please forget my earlier post, I´ll happily go forward and integrate Arena into the existing setup.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

c00kie wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 18:13 I´m not the OP :), just got concerned that the Resolume Link implementation may have trouble when changing tempo. That would have broken my setup, which is: Link syncing Traktor, Live and Bitwig.
Ha, OK, need to sleep more :)

There is no tempo master in a Link. The nodes should follow change on any of the other nodes.

AcdNrg

Post by AcdNrg »

Agreed.

My wording was sloppy :? I meant: There is a "master" tempo, set by program x,y or z, whoever did the last update. The others adjust to what is sent in the protocol. My concern was that Arena may run into issues following that tempo, but since I misunderstood the OP that concern had no base to stand on :)

Sorry for the confusion.